Compared to traditional timber decking, composite decking has grown in popularity. To answer this question, we need to know more about composite decking. We’ll explain why in this post.
A good alternative to wood is composite decking. It’s great for families with kids who need a non-slip surface or for people who don’t want to spend a lot of time sanding and sealing their decks.
Composite decking isn’t real wood. It’s made of wood fibers, plastics, and a few other materials, like glue. These materials are heated together and then cool down to make the decking. Once production is done, you have decking boards that look unique and are stylish alternatives to wood decking.
Benefits of Composite Decking?
- Traditional Timber decking demands a lot of time and effort to maintain and keep, but composite decking does not. Composite decking board does not need to be sanded, stained, or painted, unlike wood. With soap and water, you can easily maintain your composite.
- Composite decking is extremely durable and resistant to moisture, insect damage, and decay, making it ideal for outdoor use. Due to its plastic components, the decking can withstand the elements. In addition, you won’t have to worry about the boards warping or breaking. The decking is splinter-free because of its plastic components.
- Composite decking is slip-resistant and water-resistant, making it perfect for areas around a swimming pool or hot tub.
- Using composite decking in your yard or anywhere can look really great. Stylish, fresh, and contemporary, these shoes are. In the long term, composite decking will save you a lot of money due to its minimal maintenance requirements, making it more expensive upfront.
- Choosing our composite decking can help you maintain a sustainable landscape, becoming increasingly popular in recent years.
Customers may choose from a wide range of colors and textures to fit their needs and architectural style. Several varieties of composite decking are available, and Lawsons has three alternatives to fit any project or budget.
Whether you have many options in terms of color and style, we always recommend buying samples to see if composite decking is right for you.
Composite decking is a great alternative to traditional wood decking since it retains the natural appearance of natural wood without the maintenance requirements. It is true that composite decking is low-maintenance and does not need to be painted or stained every few years. A very long period will pass before it loses any of its lusters. On the other hand, decking made of wood has been known to distort and decay as well as be infested by insects. You don’t have to worry about any of that with composite decking, which is manufactured from a blend of plastic and chemical additives.
The composite decking material is incredibly long-lasting, even in harsh weather. Composite decking boards are weatherproof and can withstand the rain and storms that the UK is known for. This means that you can relax and enjoy your composite decking throughout the year without worrying about its condition.
The third reason to convert to composite decking is for its environmentally responsible. A groundbreaking combination of 95 percent recovered wood and plastic film is used in this decking option, which comprises recycled lumber, recycled plastic, and recycled sawdust. The production procedures used by our trusted supplier are among the most ecologically friendly in the industry, so you can feel good about transitioning to composite decking.